Morning and Bedtime Routines

I’ve had so many parents tell me they have the hardest time getting their child ready on time for school.  Either the child doesn’t want to go to school, they like to dilly dally around or just can’t quite wake-up.  Here are some sequencing cards that you can use for your child in the morning.  I would suggest putting them on Velcro and having an envelope next to them.  After they have completed a task they put the picture in the envelope and move on to the next task.  I made these using clip art and Boardmaker pictures.  You could certainly Google image pictures or even take pictures of your own child actually completing the tasks so they can see firsthand what they have to do.  If it’s especially difficult for your child tell them if they can get their morning routine completed by themselves they get a special treat.  Then once you know they are able to do that, they have to have an entire week of getting ready to go to school independently and they get a treat.  Keep expecting more out of them and eventually (hopefully) you have stress free mornings. 
Here is a bedtime routine too.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I can't wait to try these cards with my daughter! I am very happy to have found your website. I have a 4 year old with speech delays & your blog has a lot of great resources. :)

    ReplyDelete