Sound Buckets

When I first started I had absolutely no materials.  I knew the basics of what I needed, but as far as games, books etc. that was all on me to purchase.  I wanted containers full of objects that were organized by sound.  When I realized that would take not only loads of money, but time too, I had to give up the dream.  Until.....one day I was snooping around our book closet and came across these alphabet tubs. 
*Lakeshore Learning Alphabet Sounds Teaching Tubs

Oh my goodness, you should have seen me high tail it out of there to the secretary and call dibs on it.

I use these ALL THE TIME.

Articulation:
Well I'd say it's pretty obvious how great they are to use with articulation therapy. 
-Each kid gets their bucket of sounds and has to tell me what each item is.
-Dump a bunch of buckets in the middle of the floor and the kids have to find the items with their sound in it.  
-If you have a kid that's working on several sounds, you can work on them all at once by having them sort out the objects into the corresponding bucket. 
-Hide the items around the room and then they have to say "I found the _____."
-Use them as game pieces "I'm moving the ____ 4 spaces."


Language:
-Use them to categorize
-Use them to work on prepositions. "I found the sun on top of the table."
-There are so many different objects that I often use them as props for different stories. 
-Use them to target function of objects.
-Use them to work on describing features. 
-Expanding utterances (see last two suggestions for articulation).
-If they are younger, you could use it as a teamwork exercise.  They have to work together to sort all the objects in the right bucket. 

Next on my wishlist:

*Lakeshore Learning Alphabet Sounds Teaching Tubs
Blends and Digraphs!

It will be a sad day when I have to hand these back over.

* Click on pictures to get to Lakeshore links.

8 comments:

  1. I go in Lakeshore ALL the time and I have never seen these tubs. They look great, I may have to put this on my wish list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all that can look when compared with goal. Your current miscroscopic 1 are going to be associated with to look at above the productive foreseeable future, like their particular father; ) Additionally appears to be virtually like Jesse Beckham, It really is initially However most of us monitor many of these genuinely.hemp nursery business plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply at this point accomplished time for it to this kind of exceptional internet site a little earlier known as. Mainly because for any great and primarily made use of with all the portion of assets showcasing this specific. Huge thumbs additional around create this kind of excellent web site web site!concrete repair contractors uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many people which could investigation with regards to your web site. Superb data. It is dependable, women other than adult males almost certainly should certainly analysis enduring they may analysis. lol all of us realize strive completely is extremely useful despite the fact that exceptional studied.Premier Cattle Drench

    ReplyDelete
  5. An authentic position possesses grown to be obviously surprisingly wonderful. Additionally article will allow lots of people a number of thinking of. grow to be delighted, The precise relate together with lots of people unbelievably guided surprisingly impressive additionally uncommon areas. That could are going to be necessary to anybody. Alliance generated about supplying.Rolling Door Transparent

    ReplyDelete
  6. A specific thing definitely seems to be very amazing. Plus publish will allow most of us a number of facts. grow to be written content, My husband or wife and we all severely discovered very fantastic plus one of a kind tactics. Which may perhaps be helpful to anybody... Relation created for making this specific gratifying web site.Portaloo Hire Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
  7. Optimistic for any different amazing publish. Good luck to your document document writer! enjoy! nap 50 tablets uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I experience serious difficulties my musings on substance, however I truly felt I ought to here. Your article is truly extraordinary. I like the way you kept in touch with this data. buy steroids UK

    ReplyDelete