Beginning of the Week SLP Blues-Father's Day Edition


Welp, I warned you all that I might drop the ball on posting regularly.  To make up for that here are some fun Father's Day activities to use with your students this week. 



Lay out scrap paper or pre-cut shapes for the tie.  The students can either ask for shapes and colors or they can follow directions you give to them on how to decorate it. 

You could do several things with this idea. You could have the kids create coupons for dad (i.e. I will help you wash the car.) or you can come up with words to describe their dad and if the word has their articulation sound in it then they put the card in the pocket. 

Great activity for vocabulary development.  The kids think of all the words that describe their dad and then see if they can arrange them so it spells out father.

This is a cute question and answer game to use with your students.

Cute activity for building vocabulary.

* Click on pictures to get to site links.

Check out my Mother's Day post for some other ideas that you could turn into a Father's Day activity. 

I couldn't post about Father's Day without saying something about my dad.  I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure I have the best dad out there.  He has been supportive with every decision I've made in my life and is there cheering me on every step of the way.  Lately it's been my turn to cheer him on.  My dad is currently on a health and fitness journey and I couldn't be more proud of him.  I can't imagine life without him and am thankful he's motivated to stay around for a long time to come.  I love you Pops and can't wait to celebrate Father's Day with you at the beach!

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment