Stop! It's Data Time!

Thanks to everyone who sent in their data sheets.  Here are several ideas that may work for you and your setting. 

*I didn't want to overwhelm you all with a ton of data collection forms so I will continue to have additional data collection posts.  Keep emailing me those data sheets! 
___________________________________________
Get the data sheet here.

"1) First print this form on one sheet of paper (front and back) There
are 36 slots on it which makes it big enough to hold one 9 weeks worth
of data, so at the end of the year you should only have 4 for each
student
2) The box that says "data" is big enough to hold a 1 x 2 5/8 inch
laser mailing label (Avery 5160)

3) During the day I keep my data on the laser mailing labels I put the
child's initials in the left corner and a note about the activity I
used across the top then I keep data on the label and at the end of
the day transfer the labels to their data logs in my speech notebook."

Thank you Amber Vaughan!
______________________________________________

Data Tracking Explanation
Data Collection Form
Attendance Form

Thank you Erica Sklad!
_________________________________________________

"After 28 years, this is the process that has worked the best for me:
I use sticky/address labels.  I will have 1 sheet for each group, date the label and write what objective each student is working on that session.  I just tally for right/incorrect responses, and then get a %age. (Picture #1) When the whole sheet has been used, I'll peel the label and put it in my notebook.  In my notebook I have a shipping label with the student's name and the objectives on a piece of card stock. (Picture 2) I keep all of the labels on the card stock; that way, I can put each student's data in their own folder."



Thank you Mary Cooper!
___________________________________________________

Some really great ideas! I think I really like the idea of using labels to take data during the day. 

In the district I work in we have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that we use for every kid.  Since I don't have my computer attached to me at all times (wish I could), I use this sheet and then transfer the data over at the end of each week or month (depending on how productive I am).  I tape the data sheets into a spiral notebook and that way I have every thought that goes across my brain in one place.  I also print out the goal page from the child's IEP and if I need to reference it then I can. 
I don't know about all of you, but somehow I've memorized my 50+ caseload and all their goals.  That's approximately 250 goals....no wonder I can't remember where I put my keys half the time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these examples of data sheets. I must change mine every few years trying to find the best one. I can't wait to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to everyone who sent in their data sheets. Here are several ideas that may work for you and your setting. online timesheets

    ReplyDelete