What The Heck is Auditory Processing?

Many of you will follow the blog this week, and start to wonder "Does my husband/boyfriend have auditory processing issues?" Let me clarify that selective hearing and auditory processing are not the same thing. I don't want you all trying these discriminating tasks and directional activities on your significant other.  Not saying it wouldn't help, but I wouldn't count on it either. 


Auditory Processing Disorder has become such a hot topic these days.  So many students we work with and so many unidentified students are struggling with auditory processing issues.  If you are unfamiliar with Auditory Processing Disorder here are some hand-outs that you can pass out to parents.  Along with handouts, here is a great article put out by ASHA.

Check back everyday this week for new ideas on how to treat auditory processing disorders.  Feel free to email me with any questions or ideas and I can address them on Speech Lady Liz or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment